About the SAT:
The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. It is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test administered by the College Board. The purpose of the SAT is to measure a high school student's readiness for college, and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants. College admissions officers will review standardized test scores alongside your high school GPA, the classes you took in high school, letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors, extracurricular activities, admissions interviews, and personal essays. How important SAT scores are in the college application process varies from school to school.
What is on the SAT:
There are two SAT sections:
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
How is the SAT scored?
Each section of the SAT is scored on a 200 to 800 point scale. Your total SAT score is the sum of your section scores. The highest possible SAT score is 1600. If you take the Essay, you will receive a separate score.
Registration for the SAT Exam:
In order for you to apply for the SAT exam, it is required to visit a test center in your country. The main company that provides the SAT exam for the test centers on a global scale is the College Board. In order for you to conduct the SAT exam, you must comply by creating your own personal College Board account. These steps outline the process of creating your account.
The College Board Link: https://www.collegeboard.org
SAT Registration Steps:
- Sign in to your free College Board account. Your parent or counselor can’t register for you.
- Provide your full, legal name and other identifying information. Make sure it’s the exact same name and information shown on your photo ID.
- Decide if you want to answer other questions about yourself. This takes time, but it’s worth it if you want colleges and scholarship organizations to find you. Decide whether to sign up for the SAT with Essay. See which colleges recommend or require it.
- Upload a photo that meets very specific photo requirements.
- Check out, and print your Admission Ticket.
How to prepare for the SAT exams?
The best strategy for preparing for the SAT exam is to follow a specific organized study plan that will enhance your overall academic and mental skills. The useful resources are very critical. The College Board are associated with Khan Academy which is considered the most useful resource for the exam’s preparation. The following strategies are very useful for the examined students.
The Khan Academy SAT Exam Preparation Link: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat